Monday 29 November 2010

Under Pressure





Apologies for the delay in posting, this is due to having no internet, or living room, or kitchen for that matter...

I honestly thought we were past all this. It is with some horror I come home to find my toilet in the middle of the kitchen, a large mechanical saw operating in the hallway and the entire contents of my living room piled up willy nilly at one end whilst poisonous chemicals and sanding happen on the floor.. No care has been taken with my possessions, no consideration that the walls their tools are marking have cost us ALOT in time and money, no thought at all for the fact that we still live in this building site.

Oh, and guess what? Another major problem. When recently fixing the guttering they discovered many cracks in the wall of our roof – basically resulting in damp down one side of the house. As ever, it’s all fixable but will cost more money and more time living in squalor.

It’s not to say I don’t enjoy the convenience of having all my possessions in one room and sure it keeps life interesting. The slalam to the loo in the middle of the night to avoid tripping over drawers, desks, bookcases and lamps which litter the bedroom, the simplicity of wearing the same outfit for weeks on end because you can’t actually access your wardrobe. Oh yes, there are pros, but right now I just want to shout, I’m not a celebrity but please get me out of here!

To add insult to actual injury my relationship with the builder has become somewhat fraught. Not dissimilar to a married couple we are bicker, alot. Not full on arguements just general annoyance at being constantly under each others feet. Me with my annoying questions and constantly pointing out faults, him with his inability to finish one job before moving onto the next.
It all boils down to one simple fact, enough is enough. It needs to be finished... and soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment